Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad, a PAS MP and a rocker!!

Very often, when I met up with young people during my training sessions, I have often been asked about my taste in music. They often seemed surprised when I told them that I love and play rock music, and they even appeared more surprised when I told them my favourite rock groups were Deep Purple, Grand Funk Railroad, Led Zepplin, The Beatles and Uriah Heep, to name a few. But little did I know, and overwhelmingly surprised too to learn that our PAS MP for Kuala Selangor, Dr Hj Dzulkefly Ahmad, is a rocker himself and a fan of the groups I mentioned earlier.

Just view the video below.


Let's rock one more time:

Smoke on the water - Deep Purple : The original Mark II lineup playing "Smoke on the Water" in New York, 1973. One of the final performances, this is one of the only videos of the band performing it in the 70's w/ Ian Gillan and Roger Glover.


Get Back - The Beatles : The last of the Fab Four's live performances. The Beatles performing Get Back on Apple HQ rooftop


Incidentally, Dr Dzulkefly was the first Muslim MP to attend Sunday Easter Mass in 2008 at the St Paul The Hermit Church in Ijok. The other Muslim MP who joined the Catholics for a normal Sunday Mass was the MP for Shah Alam, YB Khalid Samad, at the Church of Divine Mercy in Glenmarie.

No comments:

Post a Comment