Even though the UMNO 66th General Assembly is over two weeks ago, I still can't help thinking about Reezal Merican's statement as seen from the picture below. All along, UMNO has been anti-Jews. So, how is it possible that they could use such a line professed by the Jews [or then known as the Israelites] four thousand years ago? Did God really handpicked UMNO to represent the Malays? Hmmmm. Now if UMNO was to be handpicked by God, then UMNO members must have lived a puritan life, one that is of high moral standards to be noticed by Him.
Let's look at the following video clip from the movie "The Ten Commandments" which starred the late Charleston Heston. This was when the moral code of God was given to mankind, a belief shared by all Muslims.
We don't need to visit all the ten commandments but just a few that UMNO has breached. If this is not sinful, I don't know what is.
1. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain. How about swearing on the Quran? How about claiming that God handpicked UMNO to represent the Malays?
2. Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. For the Jews, it is Saturday. For the Christians, it is Sunday. For the Muslims, it is Friday. So, why are there violent demonstrations after Friday prayers?
3. Thou shalt not kill. Remember Teoh Beng Hock, Kugan, Aminulrasyid Amzah, Altantuya and Ahmad Sarbani Mohamed, just to name a few. Why the continuous threat of May 13?
4. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Razak Baginda has confessed to having an affair with Altantuya and the prime minister was equally implicated in the case, although the latter had denied. As a result of this, it is no mere wonder that UMNO could find it acceptable of similar behaviour by a leader of one of its component parties, i.e. Chua Soi Lek, president of MCA. As they say, it runs in the family.
5. Thou shalt not steal. The rakyat's money was taken for personal gratification. The prime minister's wife collection of handbags, shoes and a diamond ring worth millions of ringgit is enough to boggle one's imagination. This is just one example. There are many more but the one that is a 'hot potato' at the moment is the land scam in Selangor by the former UMNO state government.
6. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Sodomy 1 and 2 against Anwar Ibrahim are examples of how UMNO or its cohorts would fabricate evidences to persecute the former. Utusan has even openly admitted that they were duty bound to spin their news/stories against the Opposition.
7. Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbour's. From women, land, properties, projects and money, UMNO has done it. The greed knows no bounds and all in the name of social engineering. Deepak Jaikishan's current case against Senator Raja Ropiaah Raja Abdullah is another good example.
Out of ten, seven sins were committed and you still think God would have handpicked UMNO for the job?