Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nostaligic Weekend - Sudirman Arshad

How was your Christmas and New Year celebrations? My apology for not posting any "Nostalgic Weekend" feature for the last two weeks as I, just like every one else, was on a year end break from the hustle and bustle of 2010. Now rejuvenated and looking forward to facing the uncertainties and challenges of 2011.

This week "cross over" artiste is none other than the late Sudirman. What more can I say about him that have not already been said. This guy was simply a superstar. Back in 1990, when I was a GM of a club, I had him to perform a concert for the members who were a mix of locals and foreigners. He was a first class act and this guy could entertain. He sang in several languages but his English songs were the most memorable.

Here I would like to feature three of his hits, the first, "Here I Am", made popular by Air Supply. The second is the Michael Jackson's classic, "One Day In Your Life". The third song, "A Thousand Million Smiles" was written specially for him by Paul Ponnudurai with music composed by Michael Veerapan.





No comments:

Post a Comment