The following retired high ranking military officials have joined PKR. General (Rtd) Tan Sri Md Hashim Hussein will now head the newly formed Advisory Council on Public Security, a body set up by Pakatan Rakyat to advise its leaders as well as share information with the public on national defense, security as well as procurement matters - issues that have concerned Malaysians in the wake of the recent Lahad Datu intrusion by a group of foreign armed militants.
ROLL CALL :
- General (Rtd) Tan Sri Md Hashim Hussein
- Lt.General (Rtd) Datuk Abdul Ghafir Abdul Hamid (Army)
- Brig. General (Rtd) Dato 'Abdul Hadi Khattab (Royal Malaysian Air Force),
- Rear Admiral (Rtd) Abdul Hamid Haji Imran (Navy)
- Brig. General (Rtd) Dato 'Ahmad Najmi (KAGAT or Military Religious Corps).