Saturday, November 7, 2009

Crap! Why didn't I think of this before?

Young Gordy lived in Vancouver and bought
a donkey from a farmer for $100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day he drove up saying, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died.'

Gordy replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Gordy said, "Ok, then just bring me the dead donkey."

The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with a dead donkey?"

Gordy said, "I'm going to raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

Gordy said, "Sure I can. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later, the farmer met up with Gordy and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Gordy said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at $2 each and
I made a profit of $898."

The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Gordy said, "Just the guy who won, so I gave him his $2 back."

Gordy now works for the government.


Geronimo's Take: Now that's lateral thinking at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment