Monday, September 17, 2012

Now, UMNO is profiling our kids

In the aftermath of September 11, a number of our Muslim leaders were subject to tight security check whenever they travelled to a foreign country.  They were not happy as the authorities in these countries profiled them as potential terrorists.

But if one was to study the Malaysian political scenario, UMNO in fact is the master of profiling - bumiputras/non-bumiputras, Muslim/non-Muslims, Semenanjung/East Malaysia, Malays/non-Malays, etc. which clearly reflect that if you belong to one and not the other, you can either be advantaged or disadvantaged.

Now on the latest profiling act.  UMNO has issued guidelines on how to spot (I would rather use the word 'snitch') on children who possess the trade marks of either a gay or lesbian.  For heaven's sake, these are just kids and we do not need to subject them to more stress.  During my school days, I had friends who behaved alot more on the feminie sides but it had never bothered me in the least.  One of them even spent time coaching me in my Maths in which I was totally hopeless.  Some of them were on the Prefect Board, librarian heads and some even participated in robust sports.  Life as it is in school is already tough on them.  Do we have to subject them to further discriminatory acts?

So what are the symptoms of a Gay?  Well, according to the UMNO guideline, there are :
  • Have a muscular body and like to show their body by wearing V-neck and sleeveless clothes;
  • Prefer tight and light-coloured clothes;
  • Attracted to men; and Like to bring big handbags, similar to those used by women, when hanging out.
I am not sure about the 'handbag' thingy, but don't the first two describe a popular figure I know on the silver screen?

 
So, is Chuck Norris gay?
 
[Churck Norris is an 8th Degree Black Belt Grand Master in Tae Kwan Do. On July 1, 2000, Norris was presented the Golden Lifetime Achievement Award by the World Karate Union Hall of Fame. In 1999, Norris was inducted into the Martial Arts History Museum's Hall of Fame]
 

Religion is one thing, and the personal life of the individual is another.  How the person turn out to be was not of his own choosing.  Just like I did not ask to be born a Chinese, but I was and now it is up to me to make the best use of my life.  This equally applies to my Malay, Indian, Kadazan, Iban friends.  Likewise, nobody wanted to be born a gay or lesbian but now they are born that way, they have to make use of the lives to contribute the best they can to society, and not a menace some straight people I know.

Now meet Dr Jessie Chung, the person who underwent a sex change and later married an accountant in 2005.  A year ago, she received her PhD in Chinese herbal medicine from a university in China and is now a successful entrepreneur.  Isn't she a positive contributor to society?


All I have to say is, LIVE AND LET LIVE .....

No comments:

Post a Comment