Friday, September 18, 2009

Negara Ku [My Country]

The last time I sang the "Negara Ku" was during the last school assembly of the year in 1965 when I was in Form 5. After that I went on to sit for the Senior Cambridge exam and then left school. It was during my school going years that so much pride was felt whenever the song was sung, and I always felt that we could do no wrong as a nation because my classmates came from all races and religions. The only race we often talked about was the human race. Since then, I have never sung the song, not because I didn't want to but because there was no inspiration to.

However, September 16 2009 changed everything. To celebrate Malaysia Day, many bloggers have taken the liberty to include in their blogs video clips of "Negara Ku". Such camaraderie made me feel good to be a Malaysian again.

So let's hear our Negara Ku again.

No comments:

Post a Comment