Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Himpun anti-apostasy gathering

Further to my posting early today, my prediction of the attendance was off the mark by a good 60%. I predicted that a minimum of 10,000 would turn up for the rally when in actual fact, barely 4,000 turned up. Then again I was right about the DUMC case being brought up during the rally where booklets were printed and distributed citing senior pastor Daniel Ho as one of the ‘mastermind’ to the alleged proselytisation of the 12 Muslims who attended the charity dinner. Read more here.

But one interesting point stood out and here, I would like to quote from the Malaysiakini what the Mufti of Perak said, "....the Malays are the most special race in the world as all Malays are “bound to Islam in the constitution”.

He added that the Malays were also special because they were “fluent” and is able to “dominate” Islam although Allah first conveyed it in Arabic.

Now, doesn't that sound like the Jews proclaiming that they are special because they are the chosen people of God? I wonder how he came by with this deduction. I hope he was not on an ego trip as God despises egoists, no matter who they are. Well, to each his own, I guess.

Anyway, thanks should go to the organisers for ensuring that the rally was conducted in a peaceful manner from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment