Saturday, March 30, 2013

CERAMAH CORNER: Dato Dr Tan Kee Kwong




"In 1999, Dr Mahathir appointed me as Deputy Minister and among my duties was to look after Felda. Felda Sahabat (the settlement in which the intruders had camped) was just jungle then. Now, 240,000 acres or one-and-a-half times the size of Singapore, it is a township with about 30,000 people. But the border with the Philippines is just 10 minutes away. Whether legal or not, they have been coming in and out for the past 30 years at least. Why has this problem been allowed to flare up and so near to the election?
"Why did these so-called intruders, out of 200 about 30 had heavy equipment - grenade launchers, M16 heavy machine guns. Why didn't we involve our soldiers from the start? Are these real intruders or not? If someone doesn't drink water for 5 days, he will die. If Najib appointed me as the police chief, I would ask the marine police to block the seas. I would call my VAT69 SWAT team to make another circle. Then I would form another line of armored cars, put in my bazookas and heavy artillery. I would then use my helicopters to drop down leaflets - please surrender, we don't want to kill anyone, we give you 3 days to lay down your arms. Then turn off the electric power and water and don't allow anyone to walk in and out. But what did we do? We just used our own planes to drop 500lb bombs on our own land ... did I hear someone say 'stupid!'. That's right. We bomb other people's country, not our own country!"

No comments:

Post a Comment