I was born on the prairies, where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures. [GERONIMO]
Here is a summary of news reports on Bersih 2.0 from various international media. The world is watching Malaysia. Who is to be blamed for all the bad press? Certainly, NOT Bersih!
1. The Guardian - "Malaysia braces for pro-democracy street protests in Kuala Lumpur"
1. Bloomberg - "Malaysia to Block Roads in Bid to Stop Protesters Demanding Fair Elections"
2. BBC - "Malaysia rally: Kuala Lumpur 'to be locked down'"
3. Asiaone News - "Malaysian capital locked down for rally"
4. The Australian - "Malaysian Capital In Lockdown "
5. United Nations - "Malaysia: UN rights office concerned at reported crackdown ahead of planned protests"
6. Wall Street Journal - "Running Scared In Malaysia by John Mallot"
7. The New York Times - "Malaysian Opposition Digs In"
8. The Korean Herald - "Koreans to show solidarity for Malaysian campaign"
9. Huffington Post - "Malaysia to lock down largest city to block rally"
10. abc News - "Malaysia to lock down largest city to block rally":
11. Newsday.com - "Malaysia to lock down largest city to block rally"
12. ChannelNewsAsia - "Malaysia to lock down largest city to block rally"
12. The Jakarta Post - "Malaysian activists, govt clash over rally venue"
13. The Guardian - "Malaysia arrests 14 for 'Bersih' protest T-shirts"
Click each of the headline to read the news in full.