Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nostalgic Weekend - The Tidbits

Step aside Susan Lim [The Crescendos]. Naomi Suriya, The Quests, Sakura, Veronica Young and The Thunderbirds. Well, that's what we would have said when these three girls who went by the name of The Tidbits, emerged in the local music scene, to give those guys and gals a run for their money. The group comprised of Marina Wee, Serene Wee and Bernedette de Souza. They were teenyboppers who made a name for themselves in the local music scene. The Tidbits recorded their debut album in Singapore in 1967 but it was during one of my record shopping trips at Yan Kee Record Shop in Chow Kit Road that I saw this EP with a picture of three very young girls (probably early teens) on the record sleeve. Out of curiosity, I requested the shop attendant to play the album. The track was "I believe" and the one thing that impressed me most was the tight harmony of this threesome.

Here is one of the tracks from The Tidbits, "Never My Love" made popular by The Associations.


Other tracks on the EP included the New Faces' "Lace-covered Window" and the inspirational song "I believe".

No comments:

Post a Comment